we offer a variety of services here at Meticon Bikes. Below is a list of common services and prices available.
tune up: $40
This service keeps your bike in good condition and is a excellent way to catch and repair minor issues before they become bigger, more expensive problems.
“Occasional” riders might only need one tune up a year. High mileage and year round riders will need several a year, especially in the wet seasons. A tune up consists of:
- General safety check and inspection
- Cleaning and lubrication of drive train
- Cable lubrication
- Brake adjustment
- Derailleur adjustment
- Tire pressure
full tune up: $70
A full tune up goes a little deeper into the mechanics of your bike. Few riders would need this more than once or twice a year. A full tune up consists of:
- all items covered in a tune up, PLUS:
- Bearing adjustment
- Wheel truing/tension check
- Drive train removal for cleaning/inspection
If regular maintenance is performed on your bicycle, a overhaul is very rarely needed. If you’ve been neglecting your bike, or rescued it from someone’s basement this service is a great way to get your bike running smoothly and back on the road. Since your bicycle will be mostly disassembled in this service, this is a great time to replace any parts with little or no extra labor charges. A overhaul consists of:
- all items covered in a full tune up PLUS
- Clean and replace loose wheel bearings
- Clean and replace loose headset bearings
- Clean and replace loose crank bearings
- **Note, extra charges do apply for cartridge bearings.
wheel service: $30
includes truing, bearing replacement and re-grease
wheel build: $30
this is for the labor to build and true a wheel.